49ers’ Marquise Goodwin appreciates flood of support
geschrieben von: aliciahuang (IP-Adresse bekannt)
Datum: 15. November 2017 07:50

and their faith in God for getting him through the 49ers’ game Sunday,Marquise Goodwin credited his wife, only hours after the couple lost their son due to pregnancy complications., Morgan

Nov. 12,San Francisco 49ers' Marquise Goodwin (11) makes a catch which he would run in for a touchdown against New York Giants' Janoris Jenkins (20) in the second quarter of their NFL game n Santa Clara, 2017. (Nhat V. Meyer/Bay Area News Group), Calif. on Sunday

Nov. 12,San Francisco 49ers’ Marquise Goodwin (11) makes a catch which he would run in for a touchdown against New York Giants’ Janoris Jenkins (20) in the second quarter of their NFL game n Santa Clara, 2017. (Nhat V. Meyer/Bay Area News Group) , Calif. on Sunday

” Goodwin said Tuesday in a conference call with Bay Area media. “I wasn’t really in it because I had just lost my baby.”,“I mentally and physically was not prepared to go through the game at all

With great sorrow and deep emotion coming through in his words, and he deflected much of the praise to his wife., Goodwin thanked the outpouring of support he’s received

“She felt God moved her for allowing me to go play,” Goodwin added. “That’s what’s so cool about the situation is my wife, and she encouraged me, to help me go play the way I did. It speaks more about her character than mine.”,Womens Carson Wentz Jersey, raised my spirits and helped me get ready for the game, how supportive and encouraging she is. All these great things she does for me

where he and his wife were University of Texas track stars.,The Goodwins are spending the 49ers bye week with family members in Texas

” Goodwin said. “Morgan and I appreciate all the love that we’ve gotten. Didn’t realize sharing our journey with this baby would gain so many people.,“There’s been a tremendous amount of support from people of all different communities

“We do have a lot of people that are,T. J. Watt Vapor Untouchable Jersey, following us through our journey. So we can maybe help people who’ve dealt with similar things that we have gone through or learn things from people who’ve been through our situation.”, I guess

Goodwin’s first touchdown catch of the season, helped spark the previously winless 49ers to a 31-21 victory over the visiting New York Giants., an 83-yard showcase in the second quarter

In a season where touchdown celebrations are choreographed to humanize and glamorize an embattled sport, in which he knelt in the end zone and pointed the football skyward before teammates surrounded and helped lift him.,Womens T. J. Watt Jersey, none so far througout the NFL may have been more dramatic or meaningful than Goodwin’s

” Goodwin said. “And all the pain I was feeling at the time came over me at once.”,“I just felt like it was all God in that situation I was able to score a touchdown

Goodwin went straight from the hospital Sunday morning to a team breakfast, fashionable attire for a game. Goodwin shared with Reid the tragic news, where safety Eric Reid recognized something was amiss with his friend, a cousin.,Authentic Demarcus Lawrence Jersey, who was in sweats rather than his more typical, as well as fellow wide receivers and safety Adrian Colbert

Coach Kyle Shanahan was kept abreast of the Goodwins’ pre-labor complications throughout Saturday and Sunday morning.

but he was adamant he wanted to play,“By the time I was able to talk to Marquise,” Shanahan said Monday. “That’s something as a coach you respect. You don’t want someone just to tell it to you because that’s what you want to hear as a coach. You want someone to tell it to you because they mean it. And you could tell ‘Quise meant it. And he helped us out a lot.”, he was hurting

Quarterback C.J. Beathard did not learn until after the game about Goodwin’s personal tragedy.

“There are a lot of guys in that situation who would not have been able to do that. He showed a lot to us,” Beathard said Monday on The 49ers Insider Podcast with NBC Sports Bay Area’s Matt Maiocco., the tough guy that he is

“Our prayers have been with him and his family, and it was awesome to have him have that big touchdown.”,” Beathard added. “I can’t even imagine going through that. He’s just a genuine dude

Goodwin, offered advice on his call to others facing personal tragedies: “Never stop believing. The reward will last longer than the pain.”, who turns 27 on Sunday

For complete 49ers coverage follow us on Flipboard.

$6 million contract after playing his first four seasons with the Buffalo Bills.,Goodwin was among seven free agents the 49ers introduced on March 10. He signed a two-year

Nov. 26 against the Seattle Seahawks. The rookie safety played all 66 defensive snaps Sunday despite sustaining his injury in the first quarter.,— Colbert had surgery Tuesday on his fractured thumb and is considered questionable for the 49ers next game

and this year’s other nominees include ex-49ers Alex Smith (Kansas City) and Vernon Davis (Washington).,— Left tackle Joe Staley is again the 49ers’ nominee for the Art Rooney Sportsmanship Award. Former teammate Frank Gore won the award last season

Kyle Shanahan would have understood if Marquise Goodwin didn’t want to play against the Giants.

has seen players lose loved ones in days leading up to games and knows the mental weight it can carry. The 49ers coach was ready to let his speedy receiver take time with his wife after she prematurely gave birth Sunday to their son,Shanahan, whom Goodwin said died of complications., who’s been coaching in the NFL for 14 seasons

But Goodwin decided to play, when he laid out a defensive back and allowed Garrett Celek to scamper into the end zone., helping San Francisco get its first win of the season. He had an 83-yard touchdown reception and threw a key block on another big scoring play

Goodwin later announced his family’s loss on social media.

”By the time I was able to talk to Marquise, the fact that he was out there and trying his hardest and trying to help was the most important.”, he was hurting but he was adamant he wanted to play,T. J. Watt Vapor Untouchable Jersey,” Shanahan said Monday. ”For a guy to go through that, it says a lot about the guy. Regardless of whether he played good or bad, to go the whole night before and really not sleeping very much and come out there and have some very pivotal plays in that game, to have those emotions, and make a huge difference

Morgan,Shanahan said he first knew about the situation Saturday morning, was experiencing complications with the pregnancy. Shanahan allowed Goodwin to be with her Saturday night and then heard about the news Sunday morning., when Goodwin told him that his wife

” Shanahan said. ”He did a hell of a job for his wife yesterday,”He was struggling with it for obvious reasons and he decided to play, being there for her and helped out his family from that aspect. And also helped out his family here too. I think he helped out every side and was pretty impressive yesterday.”, which we were very grateful for

Goodwin was clearly emotional while scoring the long touchdown Sunday. He blew a kiss toward the sky as he crossed the goal line before falling to his knees in the end zone. Teammates on the field,Authentic Carson Wentz Jersey, ran to lift him back to his feet and show support., and some from the sideline

Goodwin’s block of an incoming defensive back knocked the wind out of him and he had to be tended to by trainers.,Authentic T. J. Watt Jersey,On Celek’s touchdown catch

” Shanahan said.,”I thought he was hurt until I saw him smiling on the ground trying to breathe. But it was pretty neat and (I was) very happy for him. And I think you guys could see the whole team was too

Goodwin left the locker room Sunday without speaking to reporters to be with his family, before the news later broke hours after the game., the team said

Shanahan said S Adrian Colbert fractured his thumb early in the game Sunday and might require surgery. The 49ers next play Nov. 26 against the Seahawks following their bye week,Authentic T. J. Watt Jersey, presumably to open a roster spot for Tank Carradine (ankle) to return from injured reserve. Carradine is eligible to play against Seattle., and Colbert’s status is unknown. … San Francisco released defensive lineman Tony McDaniel Monday

head buried in the turf,After Marquise Goodwin scored on an 83-yard touchdown catch Sunday, he knelt in the end zone,Womens T. J. Watt Jersey, the 49ers wide receiver explained why that was such an emotional moment for him by sharing some tragic news., for an unusually long time. Following his team's 31-21 win over the Giants

In an Instagram post, "The pain (physically, Goodwin said that he and his wife had lost their prematurely born child that very morning. He said of his wife,Authentic Alejandro Villanueva Jersey, & emotionally) that she has endured is unbelievable.", Morgan Goodwin-Snow, mentally

one of only three players remaining on the 49ers roster from the 2012 team that made it to the Super Bowl.,One team's soul-crushing defeat is another team's uplifting moment. The San Francisco 49ers defeated the New York Giants to improve to ... 1-9 on the season. But it isn't just any win for 49ers tackle Joe Staley

" Staley said via the Mercury News. "This win felt just as good as winning the NFC championship.,Womens Demarcus Lawrence Jersey,"I've been part of a lot of wins with this franchise over the 11 years I've been here

" he said. "Because I know how close this team is. On the outside looking in,"I mean, we're 0-9 and a young team. Not everybody sees what we see in the locker room. They don't understand how close we are. No one has ever wavered. No one has ever pointed fingers. We've all just buckled down. That's a tribute to Kyle [Shanahan] and the leadership group that he brought in.", it was unbelievable

Kyle Shanahan's first year as head coach has hardly gone according to plan, and the team is steeped in youth. Staley didn't play against the Cardinals the week before this game, but Rome wasn't built in a day. The 49ers are yet to play Jimmy Garoppolo, who was sacked five times against the Cardinals., whom they acquired at the trade deadline, after having fractured his orbital bone in Week 8. The Giants never sacked quarterback C.J. Beathard

The 49ers might not be going anywhere this year, there is definitely some cause for hope in San Francisco., but their veteran leadership has bought in to their head coach's vision. With that in mind, young players will follow. Heading into 2018, catastrophic for the 49ers,Womens Alejandro Villanueva Jersey, two second-round picks and two third-round picks in the NFL Draft. And they don't even have to worry about selecting a quarterback. Although the past two years have been, the 49ers have have a first-round pick that will be near the top of the draft, to be frank

because it is,Even though it might seem sad that an 11-year tackle is comparing going 1-9 to going to the Super Bowl, at least the team still cares. It sounds silly, but only time will tell., but losing is a hard culture to shake. And it's even harder when you've dealt with the turnover in coaching that the 49ers have since Jim Harbaugh went to Michigan. Shanahan may be the guy that turns the ship around

California officials are looking into free DNA tests that are handed out to fans at 49ers games.

The Department of Public Health tells the San Francisco Chronicle that it's investigating the "nature and distribution" of the test kits.

000 fans at each home game this season.,The San Francisco team partnered with DNA testing company Orig3n (pronounced OR'-ih-jehn) to make free tests available to 68

But federal officials say such genetic testing can lead to people making health decisions based on incomplete or inaccurate information and should be regulated as medical tests.

Orig3n had a similar deal with the Baltimore Ravens but one game giveaway was cancelled amid regulatory concerns.

In diesem Forum dürfen leider nur registrierte Teilnehmer schreiben.