Derek Carr gives contract talk
geschrieben von: aliciahuang (IP-Adresse bekannt)
Datum: 03. June 2017 09:02

Derek Carr is getting serious about his contract talks with the Oakland Raiders.

the 26-year-old quarterback fielded questions from members of the Bay Area media and was predictably asked about his pending contract extension. In a somewhat pointed comment,After an OTA workout on Tuesday, Carr described what would happen if the deal is not finalized by the start of training camp.

The Oakland Raiders are hard at work in the offseason training program. Want the latest news sent straight to your inbox?

"I wouldn’t even answer the phone, per The Mercury News. "The money isn’t the thing that drives me. If it does," Carr said,Authentic Obi Melifonwu JerseyAuthentic Obi Melifonwu Jersey, then I shouldn’t be standing here.

and I don’t want anything distracting my thought process at all. That’s not a jab or anything like that. That’s must me,[url=http//www.raiderscheapstore.com/eddie-vanderdoes-jersey-cheap]Authentic Eddie Vanderdoes Jersey[/url],"What drives me is making sure I’m giving everything I have with my abilities and making sure we win,David Sharpe Jersey, saying I’m not going to deal with anything that’s not helping me focus on winning."

In other words,Authentic Brian Dawkins Jersey, Carr would rather play out the final year of his rookie deal than negotiate with the Raiders into the season. The former second-round draft pick has a salary just south of $1 million and is slated to count just north of $1.7 million against the salary cap in 2017.

After making his position clear, Carr said there's "nothing new to report right now" on the state of contract talks.

"I’m hoping that those things will pick up real soon, if it’s not done by training camp, which we’re expecting, my agent, that should get going real soon I would hope,Obi Melifonwu Jersey,Eddie Vanderdoes Jersey, because once training camp hits,Authentic David Sharpe Jersey,Authentic Marshawn Lynch Jersey," Carr said. "They’ve been talking to Tim (Younger),Marshawn Lynch Jersey,Brian Dawkins Jersey, I’m all football. I’m not going to distract my teammates and you (reporters) are going to want to know. Trust me, we won’t be talking about it."

The Raiders would be wise to get going and finalize this contract extension as soon as possible. Otherwise, they will risk Carr becoming an unrestricted free agent in 2018.

In diesem Forum dürfen leider nur registrierte Teilnehmer schreiben.