Pacific Division Round Up: Vegas continues to impress
geschrieben von: aliciahuang (IP-Adresse bekannt)
Datum: 05. December 2017 07:14

Another week of the 2017 NHL season has come and passed. Haven’t been keeping up with our enemies? Don’t worry. Here’s a recap of the important stuff.

The Ducks are still struggling to find their groove as injuries continue to play a huge role in their game. After falling short to the Vegas Golden Knights, Anaheim still seems to have some fight in them. They’re also coming off some online backlash for posting a video of a naked Ryan Kesler that we all wish we didn’t see., Winnipeg Jets,Authentic Jakub Voracek jersey, Los Angeles Kings, and Chicago Blackhawks, the Ducks were able to take home a 3-2 victory over the St. Louis Blues. Though they’re struggling

Rocking the hockey world with an unexpected trade this morning, which isn’t exactly great news for Sharks fans.,Authentic Mario Lemieux jersey, the Ducks acquired Adam Henrique, Joseph Blandisi, and a 2018 third round pick from the New Jersey Devils in exchange for Sami Vatanen and a conditional third round pick in 2019 or 2020. Unexpected, but the move might be beneficial for both teams

the Desert Dogs look desperate. This week the team recalled forward Dylan Strome from the Tucson Roadrunners in hopes of adding an offensive edge.,The Arizona Coyotes are another Pacific division team all too familiar with struggle. Though they managed to pull off a 4-1 win over the Toronto Maple Leafs and a 3-2 victory over the Los Angeles Kings,Authentic Evgeni Malkin jersey, wins continue to be few and far between. Coming off losses to the San Jose Sharks, Vegas Golden Knights, and Edmonton Oilers

The Flames fell to the Toronto Maple Leafs 4-1 in their first game at home after a 12-day road trip with a 3-2-1 record. Although Toronto’s Auston Matthews didn’t have a single shot on goal for the first time in his career, suffering from a lower-body injury, the Flames lacked the offensive edge they needed to get goals past Frederick Anderson. Jaromir Jagr was a late scratch,Authentic Phil Kessel jersey, and his current status is unknown. The Flames are also missing Kris Versteeg who is out with an unknown injury.

The Edmonton Oilers are coming off impressive wins over the Detroit Red Wings, suffering from an upper-body injury sustained against the Coyotes., Boston Bruins, and Arizona Coyotes, but they’re not out of the woods yet. They managed to fall 3-1 to the basement dwelling Buffalo Sabres. Now,Authentic Sidney Crosby jersey, as they approach a big game against the Toronto Maple Leafs, their netminder Cam Talbot is officially on injured reserve

winning games against the Detroit Red Wings, the King’s placed Andy Andreoff on IR. They also placed forward Brooks Laich on unconditional waivers, Anaheim Ducks, while falling short to the Vegas Golden Knights,Authentic Sidney Crosby jersey, Winnipeg Jets, and Florida Panthers,The Los Angeles Kings have been a bit all over the place as of late, and Arizona Coyotes. After a knockout punch from Ducks’ defenseman Kevin Bieksa, as both parties have mutually agreed to terminate his contract. Anyone else annoyed at the Kings record? Let’s hope they lose some more games.

The Vancouver Canucks are not awful this year! Although they lost in a shootout to the New York Rangers earlier this week, and they recalled Nikolay Goldobin from the Utica Comets. Remember him?, Vancouver continues to look alright. Loui Eriksson is warming up, having six points in the last five games. The bad luck continued in New York for the Canucks, falling short to the Islanders. They’re struggling with defense and maintaining a lead, but their record is much better than most had expected. Oh yeah

In some more serious news, Derek Dorsett’s season has ended due to a spinal injury. The 30-year-old forward has decided to follow medical advice and end his hockey career to prevent further damage.

this team is still doing well. Aren’t expansion teams are supposed to be garbage the first few years? Vegas still manages to beat the odds, netting goals at a 3.68 average. They also offered a four-year, coming off a five-game win streak. The streak was ended this week, the Knights saw the return of Malcolm Subban between the pipes against Dallas. In spite of their goaltending woes, losing a 3-0 game to the Dallas Stars. After a tough season of goalie injuries,Guys, this team manages to stand strong against every competitor, $10 million contract extension to former King Brayden McNabb.

Winger Jake DeBrusk skated prior to Bruins practice on Friday at Warrior Ice Arena in Brighton, indicating that he is closer to returning from an upper-body injury.

Defenseman Adam McQuaid, who broke his fibula in mid-October, and David Krejci (back) also skated early on Friday. Krejci wore a red non-contact jersey and his status is unclear for Saturday’s matinee against the Philadelphia Flyers. Anders Bjork reportedly practiced with no restrictions and remains a possibility to return on Saturday.

UPDATE: DeBrusk has been ruled out for Saturday against the Flyers. Krejci and Bjork, however, will travel with the team and are possibilities to play.

including the eventual game-winner against the Sharks in San Jose on Nov. 18.,DeBrusk, 21, had been playing well prior to his injury. After being a healthy scratch on Nov. 11 against the Maple Leafs, the rookie scored two goals and six points in five games

In other Bruins-related news, Tampa Bay Lightning forward Cedric Paquette has been suspended one game for a dangerous hit on the Bruins’ Torey Krug on Monday.

The Bruins take on the Flyers in Philadelphia on Saturday afternoon. Cassidy said after practice that Tuukka Rask will start on Saturday, while Anton Khudobin will play Monday against the Predators in Nashville.

Chris Tierney scored in the third period to lift the Sharks over the Florida Panthers 2-1 on Friday night, with San Jose benefiting from two goal reviews.

The last six video reviews had gone against the Sharks in a seven-game span from Nov. 16-24, including two when the Sharks hosted the Panthers on Nov. 16.

Tierney gave the Sharks a 2-1 lead with 12:45 left. Tierney backhanded a rebound from the side of the net and the puck bounced off Roberto Luongo's pads and trickled across the goal line.

The play was reviewed by the officials because it was unclear if the puck completely crossed the line.

"I didn't really see it wholly," Tierney said. "I thought the angle I hit it off his back that it was going to go in. I thought I saw something cross the line. I'm glad we have instant replay and they can check that out."

"I made the save and the guy just happened to be by the net and banked it off of me," Luongo said. "A bit of bad luck on that one."

Joe Pavelski scored his 300th goal, and Aaron Dell made 39 saves for the Sharks in his second consecutive start. San Jose won its third straight game.

Colton Sceviour scored for the Panthers and Luongo stopped 30 shots.

The Sharks tied it on the goal by Pavelski. A loose puck bounced from behind the net, and Pavelski swept it in from in front between the post and Luongo's skate at 11:20 of the second period. Pavelski is the 19th American-born player to reach 300 goals.

"Definitely proud of it," Pavelski said. "I've played with a lot of good players, made a lot of good plays. It's one of those things you just keep moving forward."

The Panthers challenged Pavelski's goal for goalie interference, claiming that Pavelski's skate in the crease crossed the goal line and prevented Luongo from extending his leg to the post to block the shot,adidas Jakub Voracek jersey, but the call stood.

"That was nice," Pavelski said. "That was like six straight (reviews against us) there. Felt like it was going to be seven. I really did. It was nice to see it not overturned."

"I watched it three or four times on the bench and I knew that he couldn't get his (Luongo's) leg over, we've got to score more than one goal."," Panthers coach Bob Boughner said. "There was no way of getting his leg over with Pavelski in the crease,adidas Mario Lemieux jersey, and I thought that would be cut-and-dried call, but it didn't go our way. We had it go our way last game, but in the grand scheme of things we got 40 shots

The Sharks were happy to finally have a review go their way.

"We felt it was a goal, so glad to get it," Sharks coach Pete DeBoer said. "We've had enough of those go the other way and it's cost us some points. So that all evens out."

The Panthers took a 1-0 on Sceviour's goal. Sceviour poked in a loose puck with 1:49 left in the first period.

Sharks forward Joonas Donskoi missed the game with a lower body injury and is day-to-day. ... Panthers forward Radim Vrbata returned after missing five games after he was hit in the face with a puck on Nov. 18 against the Los Angeles Kings.

Now,adidas Evgeni Malkin jersey, the Sharks look to get back goaltender Martin Jones, who missed the past two games with an undisclosed injury. Jones dressed as the backup to Aaron Dell on Friday.

The Sharks have allowed fewer than two goals in four of the past five games.

But San Jose will continue to be without Joonas Donskoi, who remains out with an undisclosed “mid-to-lower body” injury.

Donskoi has seven goals and 19 points in 23 games.

“You’re disappointed for him for him because he’s just rolling,” Sharks coach Pete DeBoer told the Mercury News. “He’s had some injuries over the last two years that have derailed him, so you don’t want him to get off the track he was on.”

Tampa Bay started the season 15-2-2 and was the highest scoring team in the league.

But since a 6-1 victory over the Dallas Stars on Nov. 16,adidas Joe Pavelski jersey, Tampa Bay has just two wins in the past six games and has been held to three or fewer goals in six games and two or fewer in four consecutive games.

“Things are not going to go exactly how you want them to for 82 games, but it’s not easy.”, so it’s no surprise,” Lightning captain Steven Stamkos said. “You are going to go through stuff like this, it happens every year,adidas Sidney Crosby jersey, individually and as a team. The good teams just find a way to limit those and we’ll look to get back on track here

The Lightning are also dealing with the injury bug for the first time this year as well.

Defenseman Jake Dotchin will miss his fifth consecutive game with an undisclosed lower body injury suffered Nov. 18.

During Friday’s practice, who took a knee-on-knee hit from Boston’s David Backes on Wednesday, defenseman Braydon Coburn, and forward Ryan Callahan were absent for “maintenance” purposes. Center Cedric Paquette will miss Saturday’s game serving a one-game suspension for a boarding call against Boston’s Torey Krug.

With some uncertainty about who might be available, the Lightning called up winger Cory Conacher from Syracuse of the American Hockey League.

“We’ll have to see,adidas Sidney Crosby jersey, it happens to every team and you just try to manage it and hopefully it doesn’t keep compounding., there is definitely some maintenance issues going on,” Tampa Bay coach Jon Cooper said. “Hopefully, it’s not long term. We’ve been pretty blessed without going through (injuries) the first 20 games or so, but it’s going to happen

“We just can’t let it affect the way we play, we have to keep plugging forward.”

But when it comes to getting the reigning Norris Trophy winner in the frame of mind to succeed, who will reconnect with Burns when the Sharks (13-8-2) roll into Sunrise, no one speaks the Wookie tongue better than Florida Panthers head coach Bob Boughner, Fla. Friday.

“It’s no secret that I really loved having him coach me. I learned a lot from him,” Burns said, I was feeling good, reflecting on Boughner’s two-year tenure as the Sharks defensive coach.

“You always knew where you stood with him. I knew he had a lot of confidence in me, that’s huge for a player.”

The Panthers coach wound up being the perfect voice for Burns at the right moment of his career.

Boughner joined the Sharks coaching staff as one of head coach Pete DeBoer’s first hires a year after Burns made his transition back to the blue line following a season-and-a-half at forward. Burns, who’s nicknamed the Wookie because of his resemblance to the hairy creature, Chewbacca, struggled to re-acclimate himself to the backend in 2014-15, from Star Wars, posting a minus-nine rating while shuffling through five defensive partners.

As the Sharks missed the Stanley Cup playoffs for the first time in more than a decade, as wel, calls for Burns’ return to forward blared in the mainstream media and throughout the Twitterverse. The debate over Burns’ rightful position proved to be a source of tension between general manager Doug Wilson and former-head coach Todd McLellan

But when DeBoer took over as head coach in May 2015, he put an end to the conversation, handing the Burns project over to Boughner, who logged 630 games as an NHL defenseman between 1995 and 2006.

“He said, there’s a lot of little things that, no more of the back and forth — this guy’s a defenseman,” Boughner said, recalling his first summer meeting on the Sharks coaching staff. “It was a good move on his part. Playing back and forth, and switching positions, defensively, he had to clean up, and that’s where I came in. We studied it every day.”

In diesem Forum dürfen leider nur registrierte Teilnehmer schreiben.